Paris M. Spanos
Paris Spanos was admitted to the Cyprus Bar Association in 1989 and joined the firm upon qualification. Paris is an expert in the field of Employment law having represented a considerable number clients over the course of his career, including international corporations. He also has extensive experience in Corporate and M&A, Litigation, Sports law, Commercial law and Real Estate. He has advised clients and international law firms on various complex, multi-jurisdictional matters involving Cyprus law.
Paris was recognised as one of Cyprus’s most distinguished lawyers by the ‘International Who’s Who of Professionals’ in 2005.
Paris has been the Honorary Consul of the Sultanate of Oman in Cyprus since 2004. In March 2016, he was elected as the Secretary of the Committee of the Honorary Consular Corps of Cyprus.
Throughout his career, Paris has held multiple positions in various organisations, some of which are:
- Member of the Committee of the Cyprus Industrial Relations and Personnel Management Association
- Prosecutor in the Sports Tribunal of the Cyprus Football Association
- Member of the Sports Tribunal of the Cyprus Handball Association and of the Nicosia Amateurs Football Association
- Assistant General Secretary, Vice President and Spokesman of APOEL Football Club, Nicosia
- Member of the Committee of Loan Commissioners
- Member of the Board of Directors of EUROCYPRIA AIRLINES
- Member of Cyprus Airways (Duty-Free Shops) Ltd
- Member of the Cyprus Development Bank
His pro bono work includes acting as the Legal Advisor of the Cyprus Olympic Committee since 1991.
LL.M International Law, University of Cambridge (1988)
LL.B Honours, University of East Anglia (1987)
Greek and English